Field Policies and Procedures
- All lines will be properly identified using a toner.
- No lines will be left activated if they are not on the work order.
- A visual inspection will be performed on all outlets. Any lines that show damage, are hanging from the house or are in poor condition will be removed and replaced.
- No lines will contain more than two F-81 splices.
- All lines will be professional looking and attached to the dwelling using the correct fastener for the wall type. Spacing should be staggered 18” when horizontal and 36” when vertical.
- Feedthrough Bushings with silicone will be used on all lines that penetrate the dwelling. Wall plates will be used and broken wall plates replaced.
- All splitters must be replaced with the most current splitters. No unnecessary splitters will be left. Only correct splitter leg count for equipment count should be used. Do not use a splitter as an attenuator. Diplexers and satellite splitters are never to be used.
- Proper radius bends will be maintained. No kinks allowed
- All f connectors must be visually verified and replaced with the most current connector used. F-Connectors will be tightened using a fitting driver except on equipment. This includes all connectors behind wall plates or in attics.
- All F-Connectors will be flush, center conductor only 1/16” - 1/8th of an inch beyond the end of the connector and properly crimped