10 Step Installation Process
STEP 1 - Preparation
- Deciding where to park
- Medley Processes
- Arris / TOA Start the job.
- Check Mirror - Neat and Clean Appearance
- Place Cone in Direction Facing Traffic
- Take Tools and Meter
- Identify Tap and Demarcation / Grounding Locations
STEP 2 - Inside
- Customer Greeting and Work Order Review
- Verify Existing Services are Properly Working
- Verify TV's and Computers are Functional
- Verify Existing Phone and Alarm. Follow Appropriate Processes
- Visual Inspect Existing Wiring and Remove All Wall-plates and Replace F-Connectors
- Place Toner on first Outlet
- Create Wiring Plan and Discuss with Customer
- Instruct Customer of any Furniture that they will need to move
Step 3 - Demarcation
- Identify and Open Demarcation and or Smart Panel
A Smart Panel is considered a second demarcation
- Identify and Create Plan for Ground
- Remove all old F-Connectors and Splitters
- Identify First Toned Line all the way to ground location and Add F-Connector
- Place F-Connector and Terminator on Drop
STEP 4 - Tap Location
- Inspect Drop - Corrosion and Oxidation. Dried Out Dielectric, replace if detected
- Inspect Tap - Faceplate Screws, Corrosion, Broken Ports.
- Use Meter to Verify Starting Signal Levels.
Initial Signal Calculation and Planning
Perform Ingress Check
- Plan Drop Routing. Verify GO-95 and GO-128 Standards
- Complete Drop and Tap Connection
- Perform Tagging
- Clean and Secure Tap Location
- Create SRO and TSRO for damaged/unsecured/construction
STEP 5 - Drop and Grounding
- Certify Drop Using Meter and Attenuation. Replace if necessary
- Ground Job to Client Specifications
- Determine proper splitter configuration
- Disconnect Phone from Current Provider.
Follow System phone procedures.
STEP 6 - Outlet and Wiring
- Tone All Outlets
- Inspect and Replace All F-connectors and Wall-plates as Required
- Certify Outlets Using Meter and Attenuation
- Run All House Wires as needed
STEP 7 - Equipment
The Equipment step can be started while you are performing your outlet test with your meter, since the outlet test takes a few minutes to perform.
- Place All Equipment in the location preferred by the Subscriber.
- Add equipment to Arris/TOA as required
- Test All Products and Services to ensure they are being received and are working properly
- Ensure All Equipment is Passing Client Home Certification
- Back feed Phone Service and test
- Test alarm functionality
- Program All Remote Controls
- Register Modem and Setup Customer SSID and Password to customer choosing
- Setup Customer with Cable Company Login and ID
- Perform Ingress Test and Repair as Needed
STEP 8 - Customer Education and Experience
- Educate and Demonstrate all Products and Services
- Connect Any Customers Wi-Fi devices
- Explain Apps and Additional Services, such as Area Wide Hotspots
- Include All Company Literature and Channel Lineups.
- Write down any account or sign in information
- Have customer sign any legal forms and leave a receipt as necessary
- Offer any additional services to support the customer. Explain survey process
STEP 9 - WRAP Up
- Ensure that you have cleaned any messes made during the install process. Examples; Drywall from drilling, insulation or cable trimmings
- Walk outside of install and ensure there is no trash left behind where we have worked.
- Ensure that all enclosures such as tap, smart panel or demarcation lids are secured properly.
- Ensure that you have collected all your tools and materials
Step 10 - Closing Process
- Verify equipment on buffer is accurate after closing job
- Update Tech Support Center
- Contact Supervisor and Create TSRO's if necessary
- Update completed points on Medley Application
- Begin Mapping and Mileage process if applicable.
- Perform Time Clock Process as Applicable
END of DAY
- Perform 10-19 Process
- Clock out in Paycom